Thursday, January 1, 2009

First Post...

So here it is.  The new blog!   Welcome one, welcome all.  I felt that the best day to debut my new blog was today... New Year's Day.  My last blog was started nearly two years ago... I had yet to celebrate my 1st anniversary, and we were happily announcing the news that we were expecting our first baby.  Now here I am, the first day of 2009, the proud mother of a rambunctious 15-month-old and the wife of an amazing man for nearly three years.

My desire to start a new blog came from the need to start over.  Our lives have gone through ups and downs in the past year, and because of various situations I just wanted to start fresh, start anew.  I also wanted to begin the process of removing the traces of our family names from the World Wide Web... and thus the idea of creating a fun, new blog was born.

So without further ado, I want to introduce you to the family you'll be following from now on through this blog!

Popeye: The daddy of the family.  He is a mere three-weeks away from graduating from the Sheriff's academy.  He is silly and smart, competitive and fun.  Unlike Popeye from the cartoons, he doesn't eat his spinach, but, as the official Popeye website claims, he is "honest and loyal with an absolute belief in right or wrong... treat him well and he's your best friend; double-cross him and you might just catch a spinach-powered right hook to the chops!"

Olive Oyl: The mommy of the family.  I am a teacher but am on a little leave from work and enjoying my short time as a stay-at-home mama of one.  I am a dreamer and a planner, loyal to the same best friends I've had for years and obsessed with kitchenware and dishes.  Although I've been known to get onto Popeye to get more "edumacation and ettiket," I am completely smitten with him through all our ups and downs.  Like the real Olive Oyl, I have rather large feet and am "as curvaceous as a toothpick."

Swee'Pea: The baby of the family.  Turning out to be a strong mix of both mommy and daddy, Swee'Pea is just as his name describes: sweet as pie.  He spend his days going from cuddling with mama on the couch and showering her with kisses to roaming around the house looking for trouble.  When mommy isn't looking, and sometimes when she is, he takes his chances at sneaking out of the house to play outside with his fort and truck.  He loves to chatter in his own secret language, and sometimes, just sometimes, you can make out what he says.  He is a "loyal and loving baby" who has stolen the hearts of his parents and all those around him.

There you have it.  Our family.  Our silly, sarcastic, and often stubborn little family.  We have gone through a lot together, but through thick and thin we have stuck together.  We aren't perfect by any means... and contrary to belief, we rarely have it all together.  But we are just living our lives, and taking it day by day.  And through it all, we just yam what we yam.

Please do not put our names on your blog roll... Since I will mostly (well, always, be posting...) feel free to label our blog as "Olive Oyl" rather than "We Yam What We Yam" since that is rather long... thanks!

26 comments:

  1. I'm so excited that you have your new blog up and running!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute blog! You're so creative! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for inviting me! Cute new theme:) I understand the desire to remove your "true identity" from the internet. I took my blog down when I became a teacher. You never know who might discover it and what they might think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! So fun!! I love how you took the theme and totally made it your own! :) LOVE. IT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hee hee. It's so fun! And I'm glad we didn't have to wait a long time to see the new blog. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the new blog. You are so clever. Happy New Year to all of you. I love you

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah, i love the new blog!!! so cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh hilarious!! You are the perfect Olive Oyl...and perfect descriptions of every one of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG I love this!!! Your new blog is so rad girl! Happy new year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute idea for a bog! You are super creative! Hope your holidays have been wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all for your sweet comments! Hope you all enjoy the new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your blog hates me. I commented yesterday and apparently it never saved.

    Well, just wanted to say I LOVE your new blog and I am so happy you decided to just go private instead of shutting down your blog all together!

    ReplyDelete
  14. you are the cutest olive oyl i ever did see...love your secret names. almost makes me want to go all private and mysterious:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You go girl! Love it. Miss you at work.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yo, it's Ambah, from Bahston. Mawtin and Van say hi.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love this! youre so cute and clever. youve inspired me to consider starting over and going incognito as well.
    see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahhh...I love it!!! You're so creative and I love the pictures and descriptions on the side! Can't wait to read about how life is going!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your blog makes me want to have some dang sweet potatoes. Ugg!

    I love the new layout!

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow, your new blog is incredibly cute, and I love the "secret names", the descriptions of all of you, and pretty much everything about it. :) Can't wait to follow along over here at your new little bloggy home!!

    ReplyDelete