Life has gotten a little cray cray over here.
As if it wasn't already.
But more so in the past four weeks.
Here is just a sampling of what we have been up to...
We finished Fall Ball. This was Swee'Pea's third season of baseball and he is iffy on the whole sport in general. But he is signed up for Spring Ball and I'm really hoping it works out. Because even though it is ridiculously hot and sometimes painful to watch, I really enjoy the game and want him to love it, too.
We finished our third season of soccer. Swee'Pea likes soccer more than baseball. And this makes Daddy happy.
We took a homeschool field trip to visit our favorite fireman. We do this every year. It is the best.
We visited the prettiest pumpkin patch for our yearly fall pics and pumpkin picking. This is the only pic out of approximately one billion that turned out semi-decent. I'll take it.
We celebrated the end of our African study with an African feast and craft day. It has been such a treat homeschooling with other people this year... it is also a treat homeschooling with people who cook great and know how to teach art.
We took two trips to Disneyland to check out the amazing fall decorations.
And while I was standing in line for Radiator Springs Racers fast passes, someone got his Grandma to let him get all dressed up as a pirate.
This little lady turned three months old. Sob sob sob.
We celebrated Halloween with our closest friends and family members.
I mean. Come one.
We took a trip down to the Getty. It was amazing. Swee'Pea's favorite part was listening to his iPod "stories" and running around on the grass like an airplane. So. You know. Totally appreciated the art and all that. Not.
We headed to Utah for five days of sledding and S'Mores and playing in the snow.
A good time was had by all.
We stopped and had our traditional chicken and dumplings at Cracker Barrel.
We celebrated the Indians by making mini apple pies and discussing the Mayflower. Swee'Pea decided that if he had to go on the Mayflower he would bring sunscreen, a back scratcher, and a pencil and paper to do research. He is my child.
I went back to work. And no one is thrilled about this.
I can't believe Thanksgiving is next week and just after that is Christmas. This year is whooshing by in the blink of an eye. A year ago tomorrow we announced our pregnancy to our family. And now here I am with an almost 4 month old baby girl in my lap. God is so good. We have much to be thankful for this year and in this season of life.




Omg the last picture of Lucy broke my heart!! You look great my friend! I can't wait to hang out more when we move to bako :)
ReplyDeleteoh em gee. lucy as a mouse. i'm dyyyyyyying.
ReplyDeletei still love seeing you with her. sooooo gooooooooooood!
And now it's a New Year??!! How did that happen??!! Both your children are gorgeous! Are you surviving work?? It's so hard going back! I'm sure you've enjoyed your break!
ReplyDelete