Thursday, June 14, 2012

Why we love summer break.

Less than two weeks in and it feels like we've already had a whole summer's worth of fun.  So happy to have nine more weeks at home with my favorite little man!

Here's just a bit of what we have been up to...

Swim lessons with the famous Mr. Bonetti (we can dive and do our arrow/freestyle all the way to the edge now. woohoo!)
Working on our fun list, one check mark at a time... 
Cuddles and suckers with bestie cousin after lessons.  These two kill me.  Like little men.  Too grown-up for this mama's liking! 
Early bedtime.  With almost no tears.  Victory in this house that day people.  Victory. 
Family BBQs and birthdays and rounds of duck-duck-goose at the community pool.  I love my family.  So much it hurts my heart sometimes. 
Daily refusal to brush this disgusting mop of mine.  This hat will be permanently attached to my head this summer, so be prepared! 
Backyard fires and S'mores.  Good conversations and yummy drinks.  Cuddling and watching the stars.
Fresh salsa.  Every day.  For every meal.  Totally counts as my daily-5 intake of vegetables.
Seeing this little man totally become obsessed with baseball and all things Dodgers.
Going to Dodger games and seeing our favorite team win (and seeing Swee'Pea's favorite thing... hitters homering and breaking bats).
Listening to the game late into the night while I clean the house and try not to cheer too loudly and wake up the baby boy.
Making the first (of many) peach cobblers.  
Making and sleeping in super radical forts.
Big boy bike rides with no training wheels.  I can't explain the proud mama-bear heart I have seeing this little boy cherish his new-found freedom.  And I can't express how happy I am to have a new riding buddy to ride to Yogurtland with me.  
I am cherishing every. single. moment. that I get to spend with this awesome little guy of mine.  I have been loving every moment of summer... 100+ degree days and all!

3 comments:

  1. so loving that you are blogging again! yeah!! i need to dust mine off and document too! you're motivating me....

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's SO BIG??? What happened?? Such a big boy : )
    Atascadero has a zoo?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your peach cobbler might be one of my favorite parts about summer.

    Also. I can't believe you wrote the word cherish on your blog.

    ReplyDelete