Sunday, January 24, 2010

Future photog?

My child has become recently obsessed with our camera. He has begged to see his picture as soon as I take it since he was just a wee boy, but now he insists on grabbing the camera and taking pictures of everyone around him. Whenever he sees the camera he says, "I cheese! I cheese!" (meaning "I want to take a picture and make someone say "cheese."). Every time I try to take a picture, he lunges towards me and refuses to stand or sit still until I hand over the little point and shoot to him.

IMG_0032

IMG_0039

IMG_0038

IMG_0036

IMG_0037

When Swee'Pea actually does allow me to take a picture of him, he has learned to become quite the little ham. It is in these moments that I see just how much of Popeye he has in him. Every day I see him blossoming from baby to toddler to amazing little boy. He jokes, he pretends, he giggles and laughs. He challenges me with his stubborn side, and woos me with his love and adoration of both Popeye and myself. Being his mother has been one of the most amazing rides of my life...

IMG_0035

IMG_0029

And I'm loving every minute of it.

8 comments:

  1. OMG, I love that polka dot shirt, vest and tie. I die! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the outfit AND the post. He is so funny when I pull out my phone to take a photo of him with his "Cheeeeese". He has my old phone here at the house and now I understand why he gets annoyed when the camera part won't come on. I may have to charge it for him!

    Who would have thought that night we were driving home from Disneyland and he said "CHEEEEZE" when we asked him if he'd cut the cheese that he'd be a photog?! And LOVE the photos he took of you. Talk about a HAM!!!

    Love him to pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. His face in that last picture is so cute. He is turning into a miniature Mark for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I love that he took a crotch shot! She is so cute!

    ReplyDelete